Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cheery Lynn Gardenia Bloom {Flower Video Tutorial}

Hi everyone, I'm sharing with you all today another project I made as guest designer for Cheery Lynn Designs (die cuts).   Lately I've been fixing up my scraproom and find myself in need of pretty little boxes to store my scrap goodies.  This time I thought I would go with a 'shabby-chic' look for the box design.  I used the amazing Gardenia flower strip die to create the center piece blooms for this box.  Here's a top view of the box...

I started out with a simple craft paper covered box and glued one of the beautiful lacy doilies Cheery Lynn is so famous for to the top of the box.  I used the Sophia's Heart Doily DL184 cut from pink card stock (it fit perfectly to the top of my box, yay!)  I then layered on some burlap, white netting, some leaf flourishes (Fanciful Flourish cut from a sage green cardstock) and then added some blooms made with the Gardinia strip (video tutorial to follow). I edged the lip of the top with the matching border to the doily - Sophia's Heart Border B333.  Two pieces of the trim left a small gap so I cut the heart design from the center of the doily and used it as an opening for the lid adding a small button.  
 
The blooms were super easy to make and I thought I'd do a little video tutorial to show you all how to create a varigated color design with your bloom die cuts.... 
 


Supplies used for this project:
~ Gardenia Strip B339
~ Sophia's Heart Doily DL184
~ Sophia's Heart Border B333
~ Sweet Williams D137 (small bud)
~ Fanciful Flourish B117
~ Lace Corner Deco B162

I hope you enjoyed my project for today and hope you'll give these blooms strips a try, they are super easy to make and the variations and colors are endless! xo

15 comments:

Romy said...

Your flowers turned out simply amazing! I really enjoyed your tutorial.

Sarah - Crea S said...

Just beautifull! And those flowers, wow!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Anonymous said...

This is such a scrumptious box!!
So beautiful Gabrielle~ Thanks for the tutorial~

Anneke said...

Beautiful work.It makes me feel getting hungry. Thanks for showing Anneke. www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Patty O'Malley said...

Ooooo! What a gorgeous box! Love it! The doily die is so pretty as well as the flowers.

Dianne H said...

In awe of your amazing talent and this little creation is outstanding. Gorgeous.

Lizzyc said...

Oh such a pretty box and your roses are gorgeous! thanks for the tute too!!

Unknown said...

Awesome tutorial! Soooo beautiful box.
Jasmina

mary said...

Que flores tan bonitas, gracias por tus tutoriales estoy aprendiendo mucho!!!!!

Holly said...

As always...you amaze!

Raquel Leal said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Thank you for yet another amazing idea!

Valentina said...

Love the flowers! TFS! Who makes the Gardenia Strip? Thank you.

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Hi Valentina, ...the Gardinia strip is made by Cheery Lynn Designs....I've highlighted their name in the first sentence of my blog, if you click on it, it will take you to their website :)

Julie said...

beautiful, thanks for the tutorial

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails